Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mothers Day comes early

Run Like a Mother, RLAM, book signing was last night at The Colorado Running Company. I have not seen that many strollers since....????? never. It was inspiring seeing and talking to all the Moms who know what is important. Some of the Moms could even understand my 'John Speak' which was a plus! What is most important to a Mom is that/those children! What is important to those children is the Mom! These Moms realise that if they are not active and healthy they are not around for their children. Children want Moms. Case in point my Mom.
Every year she would ask us kids what we wanted for Christmas. The answer Mom quit smoking; we want you around. With a giggle she would ask again what did we want. Well Mom died of cancer. And I miss her. Keep healthy and active Moms. Be around to see your kid become what he/she wants to be. And you know some Moms who need the push. Push Hard for the Children.

5 comments:

Jillian said...

Nice John Speak.

Dimity and Sarah said...

push hard for the children. you said it in a sentence. thanks again, John--I had a blast last night. makes all those nights of rewriting and rewriting worth it.

S Club Mama said...

I have been trying to get my mom to quit smoking for as long as I can remember. I thought maybe she would for her grandsons - no such luck yet.

Unknown said...

Could not agree more, active moms will be there for their children much longer! We also believe in active healthy moms!

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It is so important to be a good parent (I babysit and see the good and the bad, bad, bad parenting styles). I am glad you're focused on that!
Katherine
whataboutsummer