Sunday, August 15, 2010

Surprise

Got in my 5 days this week. But for me the big news was Friday. Usually I walk with Ted in the am then try and run later. Try being the key word. For those who don't know Ted; he is a very accomplished runner. Like me he was a sprinter in HS and later ran the marathon the graduated to Ultra distance stuff. Ted was still placing in his age group and kicking some young ass until ~ 20 months ago. He had surgery to replace his hip. No more running was what he was told. But about 2 weeks ago he went in for his last checkup. His Doc told him he could run on the treadmill. But as an untra guy Ted doesn't take to the 'mill. Ted asks if he can run trails and softer stuff. YEP was the reply. So Friday Ted starts running during our walk. WTF I asked? Then the story is told. Nothing like ruining a good walk with a run. I'm so happy for Ted.

1 comment:

brownie said...

Great news! Hopefully he doesn't return all the way to his previous form though, I hate it when old guys beat me.