Monday, February 16, 2009

No "Come back" for me.

To come back you had to have been somewhere. I've never really been. So I can't comeback. I classify myself more as a "never was". I never was very good. I never crossed the finish line at Boston. Oh I've won some $ and a few plane tickets but.... as a matter of fact in 1988 I took Cindy to Sante Fe NM for Valentine's Day for our first trip together with some tickets I won. I am always reminded of that fact, a never was, when I think of my training partners. And they can make come backs but they don't want to. I had to call one up week after seeing her pic in an old RW. I will have to get in shape before I call again. She could tell how fat I was just over the phone.
So here I go on another new plan to get my fat ass in a shape other than round. I've got till April 28 till I see some other old pals in Monterrey CA. One just ran a 1:14 HM at age 46. THe other brother is always in shape. He'll prob run 17:00 for 5K at age 53. I need to get somewhere in the 20's and not 30's by then.
Nice run JT and Gordo in Austin. JT 3:04 and Gordo 3:46.09 (only 10secs from his goal) Shouldn't have stopped to pee!

2 comments:

HEAB said...

Dearest John O,
If it makes you feel any better...you'll always be faster than me. :)

Oh, and I love a man with a round ass!

Jillian said...

Slave...FYI- I almost spit cereal out all over my mac when i read "she could tell how fat I was just over the phone"...you crack me up. Remember...there's always that coach in the texas newspaper...he is the fat one:).