Monday, May 18, 2009

Panda, The Wonder Dog

I decided it was time to bite the big one and do an honest long run. Rampart Range road to Williams Canyon and home. I knew there would be some walking so it was like training for an ultra. Hip be damned I was doing this! And so was my old training buddy Panda. Her hip is about like mine. Hers is from too much sprinting on her path in the backyard. But she still likes make that LOVES to run. It was a great day so off we went. We both suffered a bit up Rampart. I kept my HR under 145. Panda forgot her monitor so she went by feel (my feel). She was sniffing and peeing and having a ball. We both forgot how long it takes to get to the turn-off to Williams. I took 2 h2o bottles 1 for me and 1 for her. They were both done by the turn-off. But she is smart enough to know there are many streams for her to drink and lay in; not so for el Stupido! Not too many shooters at the range and I only saw leaves fall once a good way down from the road. Panda doesn't know the diff between gunfire and thunder so she was more concerned than I. Did I mention she is smart. Williams was soft cool and downhill. I forgot my camera but will bring it next time I go which the plan is for Thursday am. 2 hours and 18 minutes and my old cripple dog had found a cure for her hip. We finished and she immediately found a stick to go fetch. (sound familiar, Matt) And she didn't limp the rest of the day. Neither did I !!!! But it's hard to limp when all you do is lie on the couch.

No comments: