Thursday, December 17, 2009

Goals for 2010

Damn it's really hard to type 2010! I should be used to it because I've been ordering stuff for next year for 6 months. It's still weird.
I've decided to give myself a non-race goal running-wise this year. I'm going to add 1 mile per week to my running schedule. Starting at 15 mpw and by this time next year I'll be running 65 miles per week. Then I'll backdown and do it again.
You see I hate running in the snow and cold. I'm too old and have run too much to need to build character. In my youth I would arise at 4:30am to get in my runs in the cold and dark. Doing 100 mile weeks for years on end makes getting up that early a neccesity. Besides my thought was I usually race in the am; if I'm used to running then it's not a shock to the body. Don't need to do that now. Now I'll be running ~ 35 mile a week in March and more in the daylight and warmth. Sounds like a perfect plan to me. Who knows maybe I'll be able to break the 30 minute barrier for 5K? Then maybe not!
JT, ordering your homo colored shoes today.

2 comments:

Scheri said...

I like that goal :-) I think you'll slowly run all that asthma out of your system and be feeling like you're 30 again!

It was 28 degrees this morning when I ran, an improvement!

brownie said...

Thanks for getting the shoes, I'll pick 'em up at the newsletter stuffing if not before. But I still have a few hundred more miles left in the current ones...